June 19 - August 4, 2017
Washington University in St. Louis, in partnership with the ALLEX Foundation, is home to the nation’s premier intensive language program for students serious about Chinese and Japanese language proficiency. You will learn more than to speak Chinese or Japanese; you will learn to present yourself as an intelligent individual in Chinese or Japanese culture. In addition to speaking, listening, reading, and writing, you will develop an understanding of Chinese or Japanese interpersonal behavior and perform in a variety of social situations. Four units of credit.
Learn from master professors and native speakers.
- Benefit from master professors from preeminent Asian language programs and native speakers from China, Taiwan, and Japan.
- Engage in frequent and meaningful cultural performance through small classes and a 2:1 teacher to student ratio.
Structure your day with multiple educational opportunities.
- Attend two class sessions per day.
- Practice in one-on-one tutoring with native speakers.
- Focus on independent work three-four hours per day.
- Make friends with visiting international undergraduates.
Join our community.
- Reside on campus or commute? The choice is yours!
- Participate in campus events with other WashU students.
- Discover the diversity of St. Louis from Chinese and Japanese gardens to theater, museums, dining, and festivals.