| International | Courses | Events | Summer in St. Louis | Admitted Students | Contact Us | Apply |
Washington University in St. Louis welcomes university-level undergraduate students from around the world to submit an application for International Summer Study.
Dates and Deadlines
Application deadline for students requiring a visa to study in the US: April 1, 2017
The program fee includes:
- Tuition and lab fees for two (2) undergraduate courses
- Housing in a secure air-conditioned residence hall located on campus
- $500 meal plan (for use on and off campus)
- Weekly off-campus excursions
- Private tours of university labs and research facilities
- Recognition banquet
- Lunch 'n Learn sessions with various graduate deans, directors, and counselors
- Transportation pass for the MetroLink light rail and bus system
- Health insurance coverage*
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current university-level undergraduate student.
- Have completed one year of study by July, 2017.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Have English Language Test (ELT) results with:
Exemptions for ELT are possible for applicants who are native English speakers or are attending a university where English is the primary language of daily life and instruction. Please contact us for more information.
The application requires completion of the following items:
- Personal information
- Education history
- English language proficiency
- Attach requirements
- Official university transcript
- Application essay
- Scholarship essay (optional)
- Application fee
- Electronic signature
Admission decisions are sent by email and made on a rolling basis, usually within five (5) business days. Decisions may take longer during peak application submission periods. We encourage you to apply early.
A limited number of $2,500 competitive scholarships are available. Within the online program application, students will be prompted to submit an essay in order to compete for a scholarship.
The total program fee is $5,395 for students who are awarded a partial program scholarship.