Program Update: Monday, March 16, 2020
In response to the global pandemic of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), ALLEX has canceled the summer 2020 program. The Foundation is intent on prioritizing the health and safety of language students, faculty, teacher-trainees and the community. Questions can be addressed to the ALLEX Foundation by calling (978) 401-0085 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Washington University in St. Louis is offering online elementary Japanese and Korean language classes in summer 2020. Either course may meet the needs of some language students who would have been interested in taking ALLEX classes. Registration opens March 25; please click the course titles below for more information.
About the Program
- Benefit from master professors from preeminent Asian language programs and native speakers from China, Taiwan, Korea, Macau, and Japan
- Engage in frequent and meaningful cultural performance through small classes and a 2:1 teacher to student ratio
- Attend two class sessions per day
- Practice in one-on-one tutoring with native speakers
- Focus on independent work three-four hours per day
- Make friends with visiting international undergraduates
- Reside on campus or commute - The choice is yours!
- Participate in campus events with other WashU and international students
- Discover the diversity of St. Louis from Chinese and Japanese gardens to theater, museums, dining, and festivals